VEVO is celebrating a major move into the UK festival scene with a two-day launch party at The Great Escape, Brighton.
VEVO will follow six artists:Maverick Sabre, Sub Focus, Chiddy Bang, Dry the River, Benga, and Spectoraround the festival circuit, giving fans a unique look at each band's summer with live footage, fan footage and exclusive updates from the road.
The VEVO series, called VEVOSummer>Six, will launch at The Great Escape Brighton on 9th and 10th May and features:
- Chiddy Bang- Coming straight out of Philidelphia, USA, Chiddy Bang bring vintage hooks, big pop beats, and always get the party started
- Benga- One of the founders of dubstep and forefathers of UK bass music, Benga is one of the most influential and genre-defining producers of his generation
- Sub Focus- Aka Nick Douwma has long been one of electronic music's most exciting names and looks set to own this year's festival season with his staggering new live show
- Dry the River- One of 2012's most critically acclaimed, DTR leave gig goers slack-jawed with their ethereal indie. Rousing melodies, soaring falsettos, soul-searching stuff
- Maverick Sabre- Maverick has had an astonishing rise in the last 12 months. From being discovered by Plan B to releasing his gold-selling debut album, Maverick Sabre has established himself as the new face of credible UK pop, mixing classic soul vocals with socially-conscious lyrics.
- Spector- The BBC Sound of 2012 nominated, East London indie upstarts provide dancefloor-filling riffs and large choruses.
Lucky fans can enter the Twitter competition via @vevo_uk and have the chance to win free tickets for one of two intimate shows taking place in a secret location at the festival.
VEVO, which celebrates its first anniversary in the UK this month, has already had great success with its original programming featuring British artists. VEVO's groundbreaking LIFT promotion was launched in February 2012, supporting emerging artists Labrinth and Rita Ora. The platform also partnered with the 2012 Brit awards.
VEVO UK's first live event was a secret Kasabian gig in a disused Boeing 747 in September last year.
Commenting, VEVO's Director of Programming, Tom Connaughton said:
"We're really excited to announce the launch of the VEVO Summer>Six at The Great Escape. We're partnering with six great acts to capture their summers. For music fans, the summer is all about festivals and we want to show them what playing the festival circuit is really like. We want to get fans closer to their favourite artists."
Commenting, Kat Morris, Operations Manager, The Great Escape said:
"We're thrilled to partner with VEVO for the first time on the VEVO Summer>Six launch party.
"The Great Escape is all about showcasingdiverse and talented artists and setting the trends and sounds of the summer. Working with a cutting edge video partner like VEVO is a great match for us."